A T-bone accident with a truck can leave you with devastating injuries and losses. Our T-bone truck accident lawyers serving Marion can help you seek recovery through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
During a call to our office, you can also ask a Marion T-bone truck accident lawyer how much compensation you could seek, when you should file a claim or lawsuit, and how we may be able to represent your case.
What Could a T-bone Truck Accident Case Be Worth in Marion, OH?
If a negligent truck driver caused your accident and injuries, you could hold them responsible for the losses you sustained as a consequence of the accident. When you work with the Fitch Law Firm LLC, you do not have to pay for your costs out-of-pocket. We take our cases on a contingency basis, which means we don’t get paid unless we win a settlement or court award for you.
The value of a T-bone truck accident case will vary based on a variety of factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- To what extent your life and work were affected by your injuries
- How much your medical care cost you and may continue to cost you
- Length of your recovery period and any long-term effects
Typically, the more the accident and your injuries have affected you—both physically and financially—the more we will be able to demand through a claim or lawsuit. While we cannot guarantee a specific settlement value, our T-bone accident lawyers serving Marion will fight for maximum compensation for your losses.
The full extent of your losses may be hard to calculate on your own. You can discuss the specifics of your case with a team member during a free initial consultation to better understand the actual value of your claim. We can help you explore your legal options during this complimentary call.
For a free legal consultation with a t-bone truck accidents lawyer serving Marion, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
Forms of Damages You Could Seek in a Marion T-Bone Truck Accident Case
We will help to ensure that you don’t leave any possible compensation on the table. We will include in your case value the cost of your past and future losses. Your damages could also reflect forms of losses that are more intangible.
Potentially recoverable damages include:
- Lost income, including money you couldn’t earn in the past and earnings that could be reduced due to a decreased earning capacity
- Medical expenses, reflecting everything from the first emergency room visit to surgeries to rehabilitative care costs
- Pain and suffering, reflecting the physical pain you’ve experienced due to your injuries
- Mental anguish, which can compensate you for your psychological hardships
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To An Attorney Now »
If You Lost a Loved One in a Marion Truck Accident
We provide compassionate representation to those who have lost a loved one in a crash. Our wrongful death lawyers will handle every aspect of your case, helping you seek the financial recovery you need during this time.
For qualifying family members, Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02 allows you to bring a wrongful death action for the following costs and losses:
- Lost income, compensating you for earnings your loved one can no longer provide
- Medical costs, which can include your loved one’s final care needs
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of counsel and companionship
A wrongful death attorney from our firm can help determine your legal options after a Marion T-bone truck crash.
We Can Help You Handle the Complicated Insurance Claims Process
Filing an insurance claim and negotiating a settlement can be a daunting process, especially when you are recovering from severe injuries. Some reasons why you may face challenges during the claims process include:
- An insurance company may try to claim that you made your own injuries worse.
- They may try to offer you a very low settlement that doesn’t reflect all your costs.
- They may try to use any recorded statement that you make to suggest your injuries are not severe.
- Liability in your case could be complicated, meaning that the person who hit you may not be the person who is responsible for paying you.
- You may have to take your case to court.
When you work with our T-bone truck accident lawyers, we can ensure that you don’t have to worry about these issues. Our attorneys will handle negotiations with the insurance company so you can focus on getting better.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Should You File a Claim or Lawsuit for a Marion T-Bone Truck Accident?
Our team will examine your claim and help you determine when it may make sense to go to court. However, we will typically begin your case with an insurance claim.
From there, your case could proceed in a few different ways. For instance, you could receive:
- A satisfactory settlement offer after we negotiate with an insurer
- An insufficient settlement offer after extended negotiations—and then, we may have to go to court
When and if we have to file a lawsuit, your case may be resolved either through:
- A fair insurance settlement offer after we begin the process of filing suit
- Court-awarded damages after we take your case to trial
Beginning with an insurance claim is often the most efficient way to seek fair compensation for you, as you can receive your settlement more quickly through a claim. However, we are prepared to go to trial if necessary.
We Will Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
When you choose to work with the Fitch Law Firm LLC, your T-Bone truck accident team serving Marion will do the following for you:
- Determining the value of your case
- Assessing liability, which could involve either the truck driver, the trucking company, or another party
- Collect evidence (e.g., the police report, your medical records, the trucker’s driving records, surveillance video of the accident scene, photos of your injuries and property damage, black box from the truck, etc.)
- Negotiate with the insurance company
- Fight for a fair settlement
- Take your case to court if necessary
- Keep you updated on the progress of your case
Our truck accident attorneys will handle every aspect of your case from start to finish so you can concentrate on your family and recovery.
Time Limits on Filing a Lawsuit in Ohio
According to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10, with some exceptions, you have two years to file a lawsuit. This means that you will not be able to seek damages in court if we haven’t filed suit within this timeframe. There are a number of conditions that can affect this statutory deadline. Your attorney understands the Ohio laws and statutes that apply and how best to proceed with your case.
For this reason, we advise that you contact the Fitch Law Firm LLC as soon as you can. If you give us more time to build your case, you can help ensure that your legal rights are protected and that we have time to gather all the evidence that can help your case.
Reaching out to us sooner rather than later gives us a better chance to obtain information and evidence to support your claim. Over time, evidence can degrade or disappear, and witness testimony can become less detailed and unreliable. For the best chance at a positive outcome, reach out to our team as soon as you are able.
We Can Take the Complexity Out of a Claim or a Lawsuit
Our T-bone truck accident lawyers serving Marion can ensure that your case proceeds as smoothly as possible. We know that you may not want to have to handle paperwork, negotiations, or a court case during a time when you’re healing from your injuries.
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we aim to provide you with comprehensive legal support, so you can better expend your time and energy recovering from your injuries. We treat all of our clients with courtesy and respect. Our goal is to see you receive the compensation you will need to move forward after a T-Bone truck accident in Marion.
Call the Fitch Law Firm LLC Today for Your Free Case Review
The T-bone truck accident lawyers at the Fitch Law Firm LLC can get to work for you today. Reach out to our office for a free case evaluation. During your consultation, we can answer your questions about:
- How much your case may be worth
- Who may be liable for your damages
- How we can file a claim or lawsuit on your behalf
Contact us today to learn more. Our attorneys are available to help you understand your legal rights and decide on the best path for your T-bone truck collision claim.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.