Have you been seriously injured due to someone else’s actions? You may be entitled to compensation. However, claiming what you deserve could take more than a simple phone call to an insurance company. You’ll need an experienced attorney to help you navigate the claims process and protect your right to compensation.
A Marion personal injury lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you build your case. They’ll investigate your accident, construct your claim, and demand that the guilty party offer the damages you need to move past this challenging time. Reach out to our attorneys today to schedule a free consultation and find out if you’re eligible to take legal action.
Compensation You Could Receive From a Personal Injury Claim
As an accident victim, you may be entitled to seek compensation for multiple damages. Part of the benefit of working with a personal injury lawyer from our team is that they can inform you about damages you might not be aware of.
Your Marion personal injury attorney can evaluate your injuries, financial losses, and the details of your accident to determine which damages you’re entitled to receive. Some examples of compensable damages include:
- Medical care bills, including expenses you may have to cover for medical treatment in the future
- Lost wages and benefits, including anticipated income loss if your injuries are long-term or permanent
- Pain and suffering, which can pertain to physical or emotional pain
- Emotional distress, which can involve depression, anxiety, and insomnia triggered by your accident
- Property damage expenses to repair a vehicle or replace it entirely if it was totaled
- Damages related to living with a permanent or long-term disability or physical disfigurement
- Other changes in your relationships, hobbies, and lifestyle that diminished your quality of life overall
For a free legal consultation with a Personal Injury lawyer serving Marion, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
How We Fight for Your Compensation
Your attorney will take certain steps to build your case and convince the insurance company or judge and jury why you are entitled to the compensation. Here’s what a personal injury lawyer in Marion can do to make your case as successful as possible:
- Collect evidence and information that demonstrates how the accident happened, who caused it, and the damages it caused
- Interview witnesses who can provide testimony for your case
- Consult expert witnesses who can either provide analysis to support your claims about the accident or testify about the compensation you may be entitled to for certain damages
- Handle communications with interested parties, such as the insurance company or the opposing party’s legal attorney, to protect your case
- Negotiate with the insurance company and advocate for your interests
Beyond this, our team will be available to give you advice throughout your legal journey. We’ll work hard to secure a fair settlement from the insurance company. However, if insurers fail to work with us, we are fully prepared to file a lawsuit against the guilty party.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
Don’t Speak With the Insurance Company Without an Attorney
If you are pursuing compensation from an insurance company, understand that insurance representatives may try to weaken your claim to protect the company. If you receive a call or email from the insurance company with a settlement offer, don’t accept it until a personal injury attorney from our team in Marion has had a chance to look it over.
A lawyer can determine whether a settlement offer is large enough to cover all your losses or not. If you receive a lowball or insufficient offer, your attorney can negotiate with the insurance provider until they agree to pay you the amount you need to recover from your injuries and financial losses.
Personal Injury Cases in Ohio Must Adhere to a Strict Filing Deadline
Ohio’s statute of limitations, Ohio Revised Code (ORC) §2305.10, sets the general filing deadline for all personal injury cases, though some exceptions apply. According to this statute, you generally have two years from the date of the accident that caused your injury to file a lawsuit.
Exceptions to this rule may pertain to cases involving medical malpractice, product liability, and accidents involving minors. Your filing deadline may also be shorter than this general window period if you are filing against a municipality.
A personal injury lawyer from our team in Marion can advise you on your filing deadline and make sure your suit is submitted before it’s too late.
Wrongful Death Cases Have Their Own Deadline
If the injured party did not survive the accident, surviving family members may file for compensation on their behalf. However, the filing deadline for wrongful death cases varies slightly. Per ORC §2125.02, you generally have two years from the victim’s death to submit your suit.
Wrongful death claimants may pursue additional damages not mentioned earlier, such as costs for funeral arrangements, medical debts, and loss of financial support from the deceased.
Consequences for Filing Your Case Late
If you do not submit your personal injury or wrongful death case on time, you may risk:
- Having your case dismissed by a judge for tardiness
- Giving the opposing party leverage to deny paying compensation
- Having to pay for your damages yourself due to being barred from pursuing compensation
The earlier you get in touch with our team of Mariona personal injury lawyers, the earlier we can file your suit and conduct other time-sensitive services, such as collecting evidence before it expires or gets destroyed.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Our Legal Team Handles Various Types of Personal Injury Cases in Marion
Our legal team can handle a wide range of personal injury cases. No matter how you were hurt, they’ll be able to offer quality legal advice and pursue compensation for your losses and inconveniences. Reach out to a personal injury attorney from our Marion office if you’ve been injured in one of the following incidents:
- Car accident
- Bicycle crash
- Truck accident
- Pedestrian accident
- Motorcycle accident
- Dog bite
- Premises liability incident
- Defective product injury
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
If you were injured in one of the situations listed above, our attorneys have what it takes to build your claim and demand a fair settlement on your behalf. We’ll use our extensive legal experience to give you the best chance possible of receiving a favorable outcome.
Our law firm also helps victims of sexual abuse. Should you want to discuss your case privately with one of our team members, feel free to reach out to us at your convenience.
Injuries We Can Help You Recover Compensation For
Incidents like auto collisions, medical malpractice, and abuse can lead to a number of different painful injuries that are expensive to treat. If you’ve sustained a severe injury in an accident you didn’t cause, you’ll want to hire a lawyer who has experience representing victims who’ve suffered from similar conditions.
Our personal injury team located in Marion has advocated on behalf of individuals who’ve sustained a variety of different injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Neck and back injury
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
Our Team Has a History of Winning Compensation for Accident Victims
The attorneys at The Fitch Law Firm LLC have been helping accident victims rebuild their lives for over 30 years. Our team has built a track record of success in securing compensation for our clients. Some of our case results include the following:
- $5,000,000 for a wrongful death in a construction accident
- $5,000,000 for a wrongful death in a trucking accident
- $3,150,000 for a premises liability case involving a man who accidentally ingested herbicide that was put in a Pepsi bottle and left in the fridge
- $2,650,000 for a medical malpractice case involving a mother who went into respiratory arrest due to improper medical care, leading to her child suffering an injury at birth
- $1,450,000 for a car accident case involving a victim who suffered leg and ankle fractures, forcing them to lose an extensive amount of income
Our team aims to fight for the compensation you need to recover from your damages. Whether your case involves negotiating with insurance companies or fighting it out in court, A Marion attorney from our personal injury firm can advocate for your interests and protect your rights.
Hire a Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or someone in your family suffered an injury in Marion, Ohio, you shouldn’t have to pay for medical treatment and property damage repair out of pocket. Contact The Fitch Law Firm LLC today and get a consultation with one of our team members at no charge.
If we agree to take on your case, your Marion personal injury lawyer will get started on your claim or lawsuit as soon as possible. They’ll keep you updated throughout the entirety of your case and make themselves available to address any questions or concerns you may have.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.