If you’ve been injured in an unexpected accident in Springfield, Ohio, it might not be easy for you to face the physical, financial, and emotional damages that followed. You may be entitled to receive compensation for those damages from the party that caused your injury, and our law firm wants to help you fight for this financial recovery.
A Springfield personal injury lawyer at the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you build a case about your accident, then represent you throughout the litigation process. If you have more questions about whether you qualify to pursue compensation, our legal team offers free case reviews to help you understand your legal options.
Our Personal Injury Team Can Help You Calculate the Value of Your Case
If you were injured because of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation for damages you experienced as a result of your injury. Our legal team at the Fitch Law Firm LLC can listen to your grievances and begin assessing which of the damages you’ve experienced are compensable by law.
We can help you put a value to your damages and use this total figure to help you negotiate fair compensation. Below are some categories of damages we may pursue on your behalf.
Any damage that led you to lose, spend, or owe money falls under “economic damages.” These damages may include:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Expenses related to repairing property damage
- Replacement value of property damaged beyond repair
- Current and future income loss
- Future expenses for medical treatment
- Reduced earning potential
Other damages not listed here may also be included in your demand letter for compensation, depending on the circumstances of the case. For example, if you had to travel an extended distance to get medical treatment, you may also be able to be compensated for mileage costs.
Any damage that led to physical or emotional pain but does not have a financial value falls under “non-economic damages.” Our team will assign monetary values to these types of damages using court-approved formulas, then add them to your compensation total.
These damages may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disability, such as loss of limb or vision loss
- Physical disfigurement, including scarring and burn marks
- Psychological trauma
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If the person you love passed away due to their accident-related injuries, you may be able to pursue compensation on their behalf, depending on your relation to them. This involves filing a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, which may entitle you to additional damages that you cannot pursue in personal injury cases.
These damages include:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional losses related to the pain the family feels losing a loved one
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Springfield, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
Our Legal Team Can Use Our Resources to Help Build Your Personal Injury Case
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, our legal team works under Attorney John Fitch, who has been serving people in Ohio for over 30 years. With his guidance, our legal team continues to help people who were injured in accidents like car crashes, motorcycle or bicycle crashes, and truck collisions.
Our team works hard in fighting for compensation for our clients, with some of our case results being:
- $1,450,000 for a victim who fractured their leg and ankle in a car accident, leading to extensive income loss
- $1,150,000 for a victim who suffered a traumatic brain injury in a truck accident
- $600,000 for a victim who suffered a hip fracture and other injuries in a car accident
We are dedicated to helping you pursue the compensation you need to recover from your damages, and we are ready to manage the case entirely if your injuries limit your participation.
Legal Services We Offer
If you decide to work with a personal injury lawyer from our firm, we can start building your case in Springfield by:
- Reviewing any available information you already have to understand the core details of your case, such as when the accident happened, who was involved in it, and what injuries you suffered
- Identifying the liable party in your case, which might involve more than one liable party
- Conducting a separate investigation into the accident to retrieve evidence
- Handling administrative tasks involved in preparing the case, such as filling out legal paperwork
What Your Lawyer Can do for You
Beyond gathering information to prepare your case for litigation, our legal team can also step in to represent you at any point in the claims process or litigation stage. While lawyers are known for presenting their clients’ cases in court, there are other ways plaintiffs can receive representation, such as:
- Whenever an interested party reaches out for a statement, your lawyer can answer these calls and messages.
- Whenever the court sends notices, your lawyer can respond to them and take appropriate steps when necessary.
- Should the insurance company offer to settle the case out of court, your lawyer can represent you during negotiation meetings to discuss these terms.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To An Attorney Now »
Ohio’s Statute of Limitations Sets a Deadline to Your Personal Injury Case
Per Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file a personal injury case. If you are filing on behalf of a late loved one, this deadline varies slightly. Per Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02, wrongful death claims must be filed within two years of the person’s death, not their accident.
If you do not manage to file a lawsuit within the legal deadline, you may be barred from pursuing compensation due to tardiness. This means you would have to cover expenses stemming from your damages on your own. Our team can notify you about approaching deadlines to avoid this.
A Personal Injury Lawyer From the Fitch Law Firm LLC Wants to Help You
Call (937) 247-6521 today to hire a personal injury lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC. We serve people in Springfield and surrounding areas in Ohio. The first consultation is free, and we can start working on your case right away.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.