The Fitch Law Firm is awarding a $2,500 academic scholarship to a deserving college student who shares an original public safety announcement promoting truck safety on the road. We advocate for traffic safety for all, especially operators of large trucks and other sizeable vehicles, because of the dangers they pose to others in smaller vehicles. Commercial truck accidents cause fatalities and injuries, and we want to reduce the number of accidents.
The application deadline for the Truck Accident Awareness Scholarship is June 15, 2023. Important: Applications submitted to us after the deadline will not be considered. We also will not consider incomplete applications.
The scholarship’s terms and conditions detail the requirements of the scholarship. You can find them below:
- You must be a United States citizen or authorized to work or attend school in the United States.
- You must be entering or enrolled in an accredited college/university or graduate school. You must provide proof of your enrollment or acceptance, such as a student ID card, letter from the institution, etc.
- You must have a 3.0 or higher grade-point average (GPA).
- You must be in good academic standing with the school you are attending.
- You must agree to share with us personal information, including your full name, contact information, and proof of enrollment/acceptance.
- You must write and upload to our site an original public safety announcement that raises truck safety awareness and proposes a creative way to increase road safety.
- You agree to our public use of your name and image when you submit your application.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to be an applicant or recipient of the scholarship.
Anyone who meets the following conditions is noteligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of the Fitch Law Firm
- Applicants who cannot or are unwilling to be interviewed by the Fitch Law Firm representative if awarded a scholarship.
- Previous Truck Accident Awareness Scholarship winners
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Selection & Award Notification Process
All Truck Safety Awareness Scholarship applications must be received before or by the stated deadline. No exceptions. Our scholarship selection committee will evaluate all on-time applications. Age, race, religion, gender, national origin, familial status, or other protected classes will not influence the committee’s decision in any way.
Because of legal reasons and the high volume of applications we receive, we cannot answer any questions regarding your application status, nor can we notify non-winners.
Your personal information will not be given, sold, or distributed to third parties.
We reserve the right to use the winners’ names and photos in any announcement or communication related to the Scholarships, on The Fitch Law Firm’s website, in marketing materials, or in social media posts.
By submitting your application, you agree to our public use of your name and image.