Many people mistakenly believe that if they pay for a disability insurance policy, their insurer will stand by them in the event of a claim. Sadly, this is not always the case. The very company of which you were a loyal customer for many years may suddenly feel like your adversary. The insurer may deny all or part of your claims, leaving you to deal with your expensive medical bills and lost income. Fortunately, an Ohio disability lawyer can look out for your best interests and fight for your right to receive the benefits you are entitled to receive.
Why do you need an Ohio disability insurance attorney? The following is a sample of ways in which an experienced legal professional can help you:
- Completing extensive paperwork relating to your injuries
- Navigating the bureaucracy of Social Security and private insurance companies
- Effectively communicating the extent of your disability
- Ensuring that medical bills are covered
- Assisting you with obtaining the proper records, including a doctor’s verification of your disability diagnosis
- Ensuring that the benefits received are sufficient to cover present and future expenses
- Handling the paperwork and negotiations while you focus on treatment and recovery
- Providing specialized knowledge of Ohio disability insurance laws
- Assisting you in deciphering the language contained in your disability insurance policy
- Assisting you in evaluating past bills or expenses to determine what amounts should have been paid on your behalf and helping you to recover those losses
- Negotiating with the insurer if you prefer to receive a lump sum buyout rather receiving long-term disability payments
- Communicating with the insurance company’s aggressive legal team
Do not make the mistake of relying on your insurance company to ensure that you receive the proper disability benefits. To learn more about your rights following a disability, contact an Ohio disability attorney with over three decades of experience. For a free consultation, call our office today at 855-LAW-OHIO.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.