Drug manufacturers are legally responsible for the quality of their products. Failure to ensure their product’s safety could mean that dangerous drugs end up in the hands of unknowing patients. If this has happened to you or someone you love, our Dayton, Ohio lawyers can help.
A Dayton personal injury lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC can support your family in your time of crisis. Our team can investigate your injury, find the liable party, and pursue the monetary damages you need to rebuild.
Damages You Can Pursue for Dangerous Drug Injuries
At The Fitch Law Firm, we have many ways of determining a case’s worth for our clients, including:
- Speaking extensively with the client about what happened and how their lives have changed since taking the drug
- Collecting paperwork that establishes the client’s losses, such as medical bills
- Asking experts to testify about the likely effect of the injury on the client’s short- and long-term health, career, and financial situation
- Establishing how much your injuries have already cost you, and estimating how much they will likely cause you in the months and years ahead
We can ask the liable party to pay for any losses you sustained because of their negligence. This could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Reduced quality of life
- Physical disability
- Intellectual disability
- Medical costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of job opportunities
Everyone is affected by dangerous or defective drugs in different ways. Our firm ensures clients ask for the right types and amounts of compensation by meticulously investigating every individual case.
Who Is Responsible for Dangerous Drug Injuries?
As your Dayton dangerous drugs lawyer, it would be our job to determine who caused your injury. How your injury occurred and what impact it had will tell us who to sue and, therefore, what kind of case we should file. For instance:
If there is something inherently wrong with a particular drug, that is the fault of the drug’s manufacturer. It is the job of the pharmaceutical company to ensure that:
- They have put the right amount of the correct substance(s) into each dose
- They respond quickly to complaints about the drug’s efficacy, quality, or safety
- They run well-regulated trials to test whether the product works and whether there are any side effects or safety concerns
- The drug’s packaging contains clear warnings about potential dangers, such as contraindications or side effects
Our law firm can file a product liability case against any manufacturer that neglected to take these steps, or perhaps even a class action lawsuit if others were also injured.
Even if there is nothing technically “wrong” with a drug, it can still have the potential to do serious harm. For example, per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), fentanyl is an extremely potent drug that doctors may prescribe to patients to reduce pain after surgery.
If a doctor is not prudent in how and when they prescribe drugs like fentanyl, and if you were sickened or injured because of that or any other prescription drug, you could sue your provider for medical malpractice.
Not everyone is fortunate enough to survive taking a dangerous drug. Adverse reactions, including overdose, all too often lead to a fatality, either soon after taking the drug or after a period of illness.
When the loved ones of a deceased dangerous drug victim choose to file a legal action, this is called a wrongful death case. Our wrongful death attorney can take on the party or parties who critically injured your loved one.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
How Our Dayton Lawyers Can Help With Your Dangerous Drugs Case
After suffering a severe and preventable injury, you deserve a compassionate legal representative who can:
- Work for a contingency fee, so you don’t have to worry about paying attorney’s fees until your case is settled and you’ve obtained compensation
- Pay close attention to everything you say regarding how the injury happened and what you hope to gain from legal action
- Travel to you if you are too ill to come into our office
- Provide a strong defense and fight hard for the money and justice your family deserves, no matter how complex your case is
The Fitch Law Firm LLC wants to provide you with just such a lawyer. Our entire team is dedicated to assisting clients like you by:
- Pursuing all available evidence to build your case file, including medical records, expert statements, eyewitness reports, and any prior complaints or legal actions made regarding the drug in question
- Talking with the liable party and their representatives on your behalf—including their legal counsel and their insurance company
- Determining the best way of fighting for your compensation, which could involve negotiating with the insurance company or taking the responsible party to court
- Taking the time to address all of your questions about how your case is going and what options you have for seeking damages
- Dealing with all paperwork, sparing you from having to worry about selecting the right forms, filling them all out, and sending them to the appropriate parties
Even before you hire us to manage your case, we want to help you however we can. To that end, our firm can provide you with a free consultation at no risk or obligation to you. During this confidential consultation, we can explain your rights and explore the ways our legal team can assist you with your case.
Have Dangerous Drugs Upended Your Life? Call Today
If you or a loved one has suffered after taking dangerous drugs, we can help. At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we want to hold all liable parties accountable and advocate for the money you deserve.
Contact our Dayton office today for a free initial consultation. Our Dayton dangerous drugs lawyer can explore your legal options, determine how much your case is worth, and fight to make the liable party pay that amount.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.