Due to their size and weight, big rigs can be especially dangerous to other motorists on Ohio roadways. Each year, big rig accidents devastate countless families in Dayton, causing untold physical, mental, and financial suffering.
A Dayton big rig accident lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you fight to recover damages for your losses. Accident victims should not be saddled with debt due to someone else’s negligence.
Do Not Wait To Take Civil Action For A Big Rig Accident In Ohio
According to research from the Ohio State Highway Patrol (OSHP), commercial motor vehicle accidents caused over 150 fatalities across the state in 2019. These accidents involved tanker trucks, semi-trucks, big rigs, and other commercial vehicles.
Ohio has unique laws to consider when a victim moves forward with any personal injury case. Most importantly, there is a two-year statute of limitations on this type of claim in the state, per Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. This two-year limit generally starts on the day the accident occurred. If a victim fails to recognize this time limit and waits too long to file a lawsuit, the court may dismiss their civil case.
There are exceptions to this statute of limitations, so seek help from us even if it has been more than two years since your accident.
For a free legal consultation with a big rig accidents lawyer serving Dayton, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
Recoverable Damages In A Dayton Big Rig Truck Accident Case
There are three general categories of damages you could receive for a big rig accident, including:
- Monetary losses
- Physical suffering
- Mental anguish
Monetary losses can include medical bills, lost wages, loss of head of household earnings, property damage, and other damages that have a clear financial cost.
Damages like mental anguish and physical suffering generally have a less clear financial cost. For example, there is no standard award for an anxiety diagnosis or a strained relationship between a victim and their spouse after an accident.
Even so, if you choose to retain us, we can retain industry experts to help assign a proper value to your pain and suffering. This may include experts such as medical professionals and economists. In addition, this testimony can give the court a more definitive perspective on the adversity you have faced because of your big rig truck accident.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To An Attorney Now »
How We Help Big Rig Truck Accident Victims Like You
We understand how to win for injured victims of big rig accidents. Therefore, when we accept your case, we take on every case-related duty, which generally includes:
- Investigation: We will work quickly to learn the details of your accident. As we do, we will form a strategy for how to seek compensation and whom to seek compensation from.
- Collection of evidence: We will secure any evidence that can help your case. From video footage to reconstructions of your accident and witness accounts, we will obtain and preserve any evidence that could help you secure compensation.
- Documentation of damages: Our team will gather images of your injuries, doctors’ accounts of those injuries, proof of lost income, invoices for medical care and property repairs, and all other documentation of your losses.
- Communications: Your case will require us to communicate with a trucking company, the defendants’ attorneys, the courts, and others involved in your case.
- Paperwork: Legal cases generally require substantial paperwork. Our law firm has ample resources, including our attorneys and paralegals, to complete your case-related paperwork promptly and accurately.
- Settlement negotiations: We may resolve your case with a fair settlement. Our attorneys negotiate competitively to get the compensation our clients deserve.
- Trial: We never shy away from trial. If we need to take your big rig accident case to court, we will not hesitate.
Our team will protect your rights throughout the legal process. Then, you can focus on your recovery, and we will fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
Why Choose Us For Your Accident Case In Dayton?
You can expect dedicated legal representation if you hire the Fitch Law Firm LLC for your big rig truck accident case in Dayton. Our team will:
- Work hard to achieve your goals for your case, including a specific financial recovery
- Address any questions or concerns that you have
- Remain in constant communication with you
- Be available to respond to your calls, emails, and other communications
- Fight for the financial recovery you are entitled to, and nothing less
We do not make these promises lightly. Excellent client service is the standard at our firm. Our former clients regularly discuss their positive experiences, such as:
“After a car accident, the last thing you want to deal with is the insurance company. With the help of The Fitch Law Firm, I didn’t have to worry! They helped me the entire way. My case settled in my favor thanks to their hard work.” – Amanda Marie, former client
“I wasn’t sure what to expect at first with our case, but Mr. Fitch really came through for us. He is a serious attorney who has thorough knowledge of the law, and is a bulldog for his clients. He resolved any issues that came up in a fair & equitable manner and the case was resolved fairly for all involved.” – Lisa Knapp, former client
We will seek a favorable outcome for your big rig truck accident case in Dayton, just as we did for these satisfied clients.
Contributing Factors In Big Rig Truck Accidents
According to a study by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), contributing factors that lead to large truck accidents are:
- Poor decision-making, such as misjudging the speed needed to complete a turn
- Lack of recognition, including distracted driving or failure to adequately check blind spots
- Non-performance factors, such as falling asleep at the wheel, being incapacitated with illness, or being otherwise impaired
- Vehicle malfunctions, such as a blown-out tire
- Performance mistakes, including errors like overcompensating after a sharp turn
- Outside environmental elements, like poor weather or road work
Some more specific factors that cause truck accidents include:
- Driving while tired
- Not being accustomed to the given roadway
- Brake failure (found to be an associated risk in 29% of accidents)
- Failing to use mirrors
- Driving too fast for roadway conditions (contributing to 23% of accidents)
- Drifting into another lane
- Driver intoxication, including the use of prescription drugs and over-the-counter medications
Our team will identify the exact cause of your Dayton truck accident.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Potential Investigation Methods We May Use To Show Liability
Once an attorney from our team knows the circumstances surrounding your case, they can begin a deep dive into what may have caused your accident.
This deep dive includes reviewing basic information, such as the police report from the accident scene, but may also entail more complex processes, such as making requests for cell phone records or hiring third-party forensic analysts to examine the evidence.
We may also determine liability for your accident by:
- Examining medical documentation of your injuries
- Utilizing photos taken from the accident scene
- Investigating work records related to the truck driver and their employer
- Cataloging eyewitness statements
- Examining any relevant forensic evidence
Our Injury Lawyers Fight For Big Rig Accident Victims In Dayton
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we genuinely care about what happens to our clients. No matter how large the trucking company is, we will stand by your side and use our legal knowledge to stand up for your rights.
A Dayton big rig truck accident lawyer from our firm will fight for fair compensation for you and your loved ones. In addition, we will aim to cover your current and future expenses caused by the collision.
Call us today for a free consultation.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.