Unfortunately, accidents caused by drunk drivers happen all over the United States every day. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) states that approximately 32 people lose their lives every day in this country because of drunk drivers. Driving while intoxicated is a negligent action. If you or a loved one sustained injuries from a drunk driver, you should seek justice against the person who caused the accident.
Our drunk driving car accident lawyer serving Marion, OH can represent you through a personal injury claim. Our team has held many drunk drivers accountable and helped our clients receive compensation for their losses. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of someone else’s negligent actions.
Benefits of Choosing The Fitch Law Firm LLC as Your Car Accident Lawyer
When searching for a car accident lawyer, it is important to find someone with your best interests in mind. At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we always put our client’s needs first. We understand getting injured in a drunk driving accident can cause a lot of stress and trauma. Our team offers legal guidance with compassion, so you feel supported throughout your case.
There are many benefits to choosing our team as your Marion, OH drunk driving car accident lawyer. These benefits include:
- We have worked in the legal field for decades. Because of our time serving personal injury victims, we understand the laws and best practices when negotiating with opposing counsel.
- We treat our clients with the respect they deserve. You can always lean on our team when you need support through your case. We aim to be responsive communicators and strive to keep you informed about what is going on.
- Our passion is to help our clients as much as we can. Because of our tenacity, we have helped our clients recover millions in past settlements.
- We believe you should seek justice for the injuries you sustained. When someone gets behind the wheel after drinking, they make a conscious decision to put others in danger. We want you to have the opportunity to hold them accountable.
You can learn more about our legal services through a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a drunk driving car accidents lawyer serving Marion, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
The Drunk Driver Could Owe You Compensation
People who cause accidents because of drunk driving won’t only have to deal with the criminal courts; you can also file a civil claim against them. If you sustained injuries, you could face significant medical expenses that leave you in debt. Through a civil claim or lawsuit, you could get the money you need to overcome the financial issues you experience because of your injuries.
The Fitch Law Firm LLC could identify the damages you sustained due to your injuries. Recoverable damages are the amount of money the at-fault driver must pay if the courts order it, or you reach a settlement. Examples of damages could include:
- Medical expenses: You could recover the costs you had to pay for any medical care. Examples include ambulance transportation, emergency room care, prescription medications, rehabilitation costs, and future medical care.
- Lost income: Any earnings you lost if you missed work while recovering from your injuries could get recovered. You could also recover compensation for diminished earning capacity. These damages are awarded to those who cannot return to the job they once had because their injuries no longer allow them to complete their job duties.
- Physical or emotional pain and suffering: If you dealt with any physical or emotional pain, you could recover compensation for what you went through. Our attorneys can help to determine a monetary value for this loss.
The Marion, OH drunk driving car accident attorneys at The Fitch Law Firm LLC, can add up the value of your damages to know how much your case is worth. That is the amount we can fight for during settlement negotiations.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To An Attorney Now »
How Long do I Have to File a Lawsuit Against the Drunk Driver?
After the accident date, you typically have two years to file a lawsuit against the liable party. Within those two years, our attorneys undertake many tasks to help you recover the most appropriate financial award for your suffering. During that time, our attorneys can do the following:
- Investigate the case and determine whether there is enough evidence to prove the at-fault party caused the accident.
- Build a strong case demonstrating that the accident caused your injuries.
- Negotiate with the opposing attorneys or insurers to reach a fair deal.
A lawsuit is only necessary if we can’t reach a fair deal through settlement negotiations. While our goal is to settle outside of court, we aren’t afraid to try your case in a lawsuit.
Proving Negligence After a Drunk Driving Accident
When you file a civil claim against a drunk driver, you must prove their negligence caused the accident. Proving negligence requires proof that the drunk driver satisfied the elements of negligence, including:
- Duty: The drunk driver owes you a legal duty to drive safely on the road. There is an expectation that drivers will not drive when they are intoxicated.
- Breach of duty: The driver breached their duty by driving while intoxicated. This action knowingly put other drivers in harm’s way.
- Causation: You must prove their actions caused your injuries. This could mean that because of their intoxication, they swerved out of their lane to hit you.
- Damages: To recover compensation, you must have sustained damages. Damages could include injuries, medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering.
Our attorneys can develop a strong case proving the drunk driver’s negligence resulted in your harm. Satisfying these elements is important to recovering what you deserve.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Contact Our Marion, OH Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyers Today
There are many reasons why it is vital to hold drunk drivers accountable after they cause car accidents. They shouldn’t endanger people’s lives without facing consequences, and you shouldn’t have to deal with financial issues because someone else made a poor decision. Our attorneys can help you seek justice.
Contact our firm today for a free consultation. We can review the circumstances of your case and let you know how we can help. After the consultation, you can determine if we are the right fit to take on your case.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.