If you were significantly injured in a recent car accident, our law firm will help you identify the at-fault party and document their actions. From there, we can build a solid case for you and handle all communication with them and their insurance company.
Our Marion car accident lawyer at The Fitch Law Firm LLC will handle every aspect of your catastrophic injury case. We will review its details and merits and put our investigative team to work right away. From your initial consultation, which is always free, to the final resolution of your case, we will never leave your side.
What Is Considered a Catastrophic Injury in Marion, Ohio?
If you are involved in a car accident, no matter how minor it may seem, our car accident lawyer can help you hold the at-fault driver accountable for their negligence and recover compensation for catastrophic injury damages.
Ohio Revised Code Section 2315.18 defines all of the following as a catastrophic injury:
- Permanent and substantial physical deformity
- Complete loss of the use of a limb
- Complete loss of a bodily organ
- Permanent physically disabling injury
- Permanent inability to engage in self-care
- Permanent inability to perform life-sustaining activities
If you or a loved one suffered a catastrophic injury, you could be entitled to appropriate financial compensation. Our car accident lawyer will explain how we can determine the value of your injury case and the steps we may take to demand compensation on your behalf.
A Definitive Written Diagnosis Is an Important Part of Your Medical Records
The damage threshold is lifted in cases of catastrophic injuries to allow you to recover sufficient compensation in line with your immediate and future needs. That makes an accurate and definitive diagnosis and written prognosis critical.
If our personal injury attorney handles your case, we can consult experts to ensure your injuries and their extent and severity are accurately reflected.
For a free legal consultation with a Marion catastrophic injury lawyer, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
Financial Compensation After a Car Accident Causes Catastrophic Injuries
The compensation demand we make for you after a catastrophic car accident can differ greatly from a less serious collision. Because the damage cap might not apply, you can recover the immediate, follow-up, and future costs of your treatment plan.
Common forms of financial recovery include:
- Medical bills starting with on-the-scene emergency care
- Current and future rehabilitation and therapy expenses
- Future medical care for as long as required
- Assistive medical devices and necessary home modifications
- Surgical procedures and prescription medications
- In-home care personal and medical services and support
- Current and future lost income and loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage, loss, and diminished property value
We could also demand non-economic damages that compensate you for the toll your injuries have and will continue to take on your life. These include disability and disfigurement, physical and emotional pain and suffering, and diminished quality of life.
Your Evidence Collection Will Prove the Legal Elements of Negligence
To pursue the at-fault driver, the state requires proof of their negligence—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. We can establish the elements of negligence for you with the evidence collection we create, opening the door to recovering damages.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
Let Our Catastrophic Injury Car Accident Lawyer Handle Your Marion, OH Case
While recovering from severe injuries, you may not be able to participate in your case as fully as you would like. This is where our law firm comes in. We will build a compelling case that proves your right to recoverable damages.
Our client-focused team can:
- Obtain your car accident report with all attachments
- Calculate the financial value of your case
- Prove the at-fault driver’s actions were negligent
- Compile the documents that prove your case
- Canvass the accident scene for photos and video footage
- Speak with all relevant parties on your behalf
- Complete and submit the required forms and paperwork
- Interview witnesses while their memories are vivid
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
- Represent you in court if we cannot settle your case
We can also speak with expert witnesses, including accident reconstruction experts, economic experts, and medical experts, in accordance with your injuries.
At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we will take care of every detail, big or small, so you can concentrate on optimizing your recovery or helping a loved one through their recovery. We are passionate about fighting for the rights of clients injured by someone else’s negligence and work hard to obtain the best possible financial outcome so they can start putting their lives back together.
We Work Hard to Adhere to Ohio’s Statute of Limitations After a Car Accident
A primary benefit of hiring our catastrophic injury car accident lawyer to represent you is our ability to start working on your case immediately. This is important because complying with the statute of limitations is a requirement. In Marion:
- You generally have two years to file your personal injury lawsuit, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10.
- You generally have two years to file your wrongful death statute of limitations, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02.
While mandatory, the statute of limitations can also be difficult to comply with on your own since it can fluctuate based on a number of factors. If it is missed, misunderstood, or misinterpreted, you could inadvertently forfeit your right to file your lawsuit at all.
As a result, you no longer have the legal recourse to compel the at-fault driver to compensate you. That said, the best way to understand and accurately interpret the filing deadline is to let our law firm handle it for you.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Get Help From Our Marion Catastrophic Injury Team Now
Catastrophic injuries can change your physical appearance and ability. They can also change your ability to work and support yourself and your family. If you or a loved one was injured in a recent car accident, contact our consultation team to find out how our Marion catastrophic injury lawyer at The Fitch Law Firm LLC can advocate for you.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.