Family members of veterans stationed at Camp Lejeune may be eligible for benefits. Whether you lost a loved one or you suffered from the effects of toxic water, a lawyer from our team will seek the benefits you deserve.
There are multiple ways to seek benefits and compensation for medical problems related to Camp Lejeune water contamination. Our team will explain your options and use our resources to fight for the money you are entitled to.
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Offers Benefits for Family of Service Members
The VA offers benefits and programs specific to family of service members who may have been exposed to toxic drinking water at Camp Lejeune. The Camp Lejeune Family Member Program provides healthcare benefits for medical conditions linked to contaminated water, including:
- Bladder cancer
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Neurobehavioral effects
- Hepatic steatosis
- Kidney cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Breast cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Female infertility
- Lung cancer
- Multiple myeloma
- Renal toxicity
You may be entitled to other VA benefits, but seeking compensation through the VA is not your only option. While VA-provided healthcare benefits can be helpful, they may not cover all your damages from water contamination at Camp Lejeune.
Filing a Lawsuit Is Another Option for Families of Service Members Affected by Camp Lejeune Water Contamination
In August 2022, the Camp Lejeune Justice Act became law. This legislation acknowledges the harm that service members and their families faced because of contaminated drinking water at Camp Lejeune. Now, you and anyone else affected by contaminated water at Camp Lejeune can sue the U.S. government for damages.
Filing a lawsuit for damages caused by toxic water at Camp Lejeune may be appropriate if:
- You have received a diagnosis for a medical condition linked to water contamination
- Your loved one is critically ill because of a condition linked to water contamination, and they cannot initiate a lawsuit on their own
- Your loved one passed away from an illness related to water contamination
In wrongful death cases, only the decedent’s personal representative can file the lawsuit. However, we can discuss this with you and help you take appropriate legal action.
The U.S. Government Is Taking Accountability for Camp Lejeune, So Now Is the Time to Seek Compensation for Your Damages
With the passage of the Camp Lejeune Justice Act, now is the time to seek the money you are entitled to. A lawsuit allows you to seek money for all accident-related damages, and this may be the course of action we recommend for you.
While getting healthcare benefits through the VA may be worthwhile, a lawsuit may be the clearest way to seek all the compensation you need.
What Damages Should Victims of Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Seek Compensation for?
Medical conditions like cancer, neurological disorders, and other issues linked to contaminated water can be life-altering—if not fatal. Our team will work to ensure that you get money for all your damages, which may include:
- Medical costs: You may seek money for medical costs if you’ve dealt with an illness or you lost a loved one to an illness. In either case, you may face costly medical bills entitling you to compensation.
- Pain and suffering: The types of medical problems linked to water contamination at Camp Lejeune will cause pain and suffering. From neurological pain to the extreme discomfort of chemotherapy and other treatments, our team will identify all types of pain and suffering you’ve had to endure.
- Professional damages: Becoming sick from Camp Lejeune-related water contamination may cost you income, earning power, and other benefits you get from your job. Our team may recover these damages for you.
- Wrongful death benefits: A decedent’s personal representative can pursue a wrongful death lawsuit for them. As the surviving loved one of a wrongful death, you may be the beneficiary of the lawsuit. Recoverable damages may include funeral expenses, pain and suffering, lost financial support, and other damages.
Can a Lawyer Get Money for Family Members of Veterans Stationed at Camp Lejeune?
An attorney from our firm will fight for the money you deserve. We will do everything in our power to succeed for you, including:
- Documenting your time at Camp Lejeune: Whether you personally served at Camp Lejeune or spent time at the base in another capacity, we’ll prove that you were at the Camp during the timeframe that entitles you to compensation.
- Documenting your damages: Our team will get medical records, imaging related to your illness, proof of time you’ve missed from work, and any other documentation that proves your damages.
- Completing all case-related paperwork: From VA claims to any lawsuit that you want to pursue, our team will complete all forms and paperwork for your case.
Our firm will negotiate a settlement on your behalf and take your lawsuit to trial if it is best for you. Whatever your case requires, you can trust The Fitch Law Firm LLC to take care of it.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC Today for a Free Consultation about a Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Claim
Don’t wait to call our team, as now is the opportunity to fight for the compensation you deserve. Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC today for a free consultation.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.