If you got into a car accident in someone else’s car, you could recover damages from the at-fault driver regardless of whose car you were in at the time of the collision. The car’s owner is also entitled to have their vehicle repaired or replaced. In addition, we can help you seek compensation for the financial damages caused by the accident.
Our personal injury team works hard to help you navigate the compensation process if you were in a crash in someone else’s vehicle. After the collision, we clarify the at-fault driver’s legal and financial liability and their responsibility to compensate you. We also help you prove the types and amounts of your recoverable damages. Finally, we handle the insurance company for you and fight for a favorable monetary settlement on your behalf.
Establish the Value of the Damaged Vehicle
If you were driving someone else’s car when another driver crashed into you, you don’t necessarily need to worry about paying for the damage. Instead, the at-fault driver and their liability insurance are responsible for the repairs. The car owner can also seek compensation for their vehicle’s:
- Diminished value
- Replacement value
We will also help the vehicle owner seek compensation from the at-fault driver or the owner’s insurance provider if needed.
Your Recoverable Damages from Injuries You Sustained
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), car accidents lead to nearly one million days in hospital stays annually. As a result, car accidents cost billions of dollars in medical care and lost productivity.
When we represent you following an accident in which you were in someone else’s car, we help you seek compensation for your immediate and long-term medical care. In addition, your recoverable damages could include:
- Current and future loss of income from the date of your injury until your recovery is complete
- Future loss of earning capacity when your injuries prevent you from earning a living in the future
- Mental and emotional anxiety, ongoing pain and suffering, and physical disability and disfigurement
Prove the At-Fault Driver’s Actions
We will use your car accident report and witness statements to substantiate your case against the at-fault driver and help the vehicle owner have their car repaired. The evidence we collect could include:
- Medical records and bills
- Paycheck stubs
- Repair estimates
- Replacement value if the insurance company totals the car
We handle evidence collection and all other aspects of your case. We’ll use this information to assign your claim a fair and accurate value.
Let Our Team Deal with the Insurance Company
If you experienced financial damages because of an accident, we could help you recover. While the at-fault driver’s insurance company focuses only on its bottom line and the client’s interests, our team focuses on you. We will manage:
- Written, verbal, and electronic communication
- Requests for information and documents
- Settlement offers and negotiations
We also comply with the statute of limitations should negotiations break down, and we must file a lawsuit. Generally speaking, Ohio sets a two-year statutory deadline per Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 for filing your lawsuit. If you miss the filing deadline, you might not be able to compel compensation from the negligent driver.
Hear What Previous Clients Say About Our Client Service Commitment
When injured clients work with our law firm, we handle every aspect of their case. When they tell others about our service and their resulting compensation, past clients say:
- “After a car accident, the last thing you want to deal with is the insurance company. With the help of the Fitch Law Firm, I didn’t have to worry! They helped me the entire way. My case settled in my favor thanks to their hard work.” – Amanda.
- “If you want a very good lawyer, then Mr. Fitch is the lawyer for you. I was getting the run around by an insurance company and as soon as I hired Mr. Fitch, I received my settlement, and he got the full amount of the policy.” – Laurie.
We fight hard for the best outcome for every client we represent. In addition to referrals and testimonials, you can also review our history of financial awards for previous clients.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Your Initial Consultation Is Free
If you got into a car accident in someone else’s car, our personal injury team will help you pursue compensation from the at-fault driver. Contact one of our car accident team members at the Fitch Law Firm LLC today by calling (614) 545-3930.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.