You should contact a lawyer as soon as possible after your truck accident in Columbus. There are several reasons not to wait before hiring a truck accident attorney. While you must first ensure you are safe and have received the medical attention you need, hiring an attorney may be your next priority.
An attorney must investigate your accident as soon as possible, as important evidence may not be available for long after the collision. This is one of the many reasons why you should contact a Columbus truck accident lawyer from our firm soon after your collision.
Why You Should Not Wait to Contact a Columbus Truck Accident Lawyer
There are several compelling reasons to hire your truck accident lawyer as soon as possible after your collision, including:
The Need to Gather Accident-Related Evidence
There can be no delay in gathering evidence from your truck accident, including:
- Evidence that the trucking company may have, including black box data, photographs of the damaged truck, and employment logs
- Video footage showing the accident
- Eyewitness accounts, which may be especially time-sensitive
- The police report documenting your accident
- Photographs of damage to your vehicle
Your attorney may need to file a letter of spoliation to obtain evidence from the trucking company. The sooner your lawyer can file this letter, the more evidence they may be able to secure from the trucking company.
The Need to Protect Your Financial Interests
It is an unfortunate reality that some parties may not want to pay you as much compensation as you deserve. Your lawyer will protect you from any possible threats to your financial recovery, including:
- Lowball settlement offers from insurers
- Attempts by liable parties to accuse you of causing the accident
- Possible confusion about the details of insurance policies
- The possibility that you would agree to a settlement when you are not in a state to do so
It is difficult to determine the cost of a truck accident, and that’s where our team comes in. We will determine exactly how much money you deserve so that we may then determine whether any settlement offers you receive are fair.
Your Need to Prioritize Recovery
Your health should come first after your accident. With limited amounts of time, energy, and focus, you may find it immensely difficult to handle both your health needs and your case.
You can allow us to handle your case, which should allow you more time and effort to direct towards recovery.
The Filing Deadline for Any Lawsuit Your Lawyer May Need to File
Depending on how negotiations with insurance companies unfold, your lawyer may need to file a lawsuit on your behalf. Even if your attorney does not ultimately file a lawsuit, the potential to file a suit can be an important negotiating tactic.
Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10 generally requires that our truck accident lawyers file lawsuits in Columbus within two years of the accident. While two years may seem like a long period, this deadline is yet another reason not to wait to hire an attorney.
What You Risk If You Wait to Hire Your Truck Accident Attorney
Should you choose to wait any significant period of time to hire a truck accident attorney, you risk:
- The loss of evidence that could otherwise have benefitted your case
- Experiencing a rights violation (potentially as serious as accepting a settlement that does not adequately cover the cost of your accident)
- Suffering worsening health issues because you are overstretched by the demands of your case
The risks of failing to hire a lawyer in a timely manner are potentially physical, psychological, and financial in nature. These risks could be devastating in more ways than one, so don’t wait to contact our team about hiring a Columbus truck accident attorney.
It’s Never Too Late to Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer from Our Firm
You can hire a truck accident lawyer at any point in your post-accident process. Even if you think you have waited longer than you should have to hire a lawyer, it is not too late. We are always available to speak with you, and we can step in to help at virtually any point in the claims process.
What a Truck Accident Attorney Will Do for You (Fight for Your Financial Recovery)
Regardless of when you hire us to take over your truck accident case, you can expect our team to:
- Secure all evidence that will benefit your case
- Detail your accident-related damages with medical records, proof of financial losses, and all other relevant documentation
- Calculate the precise financial cost of your accident-related damages
- Handle settlement negotiations for you
- Draft and file a lawsuit, if necessary
- Proceed to trial if necessary
Our goal is to obtain all of the compensation you deserve as efficiently as possible.
Recoverable Damages Your Lawyer Will Seek Compensation For
Detailing and calculating your damages is an essential responsibility that we’ll handle for you. We will account for both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Medical expenses
- Cosmetic surgery costs
- Pain and suffering
- Any treatment you seek because of pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Lost bonuses, promotions, and benefits
- Property expenses, including vehicle repair costs and temporary transportation costs
Truck accidents can cause severe and potentially disabling injuries. The force of a large truck striking another vehicle can be devastating, and our firm is prepared to seek compensation for any lifelong loss of income, disability, or other damages you may have.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC Today for Your Free Consultation
Our firm has served clients for more than 30 years, and we always strive for our clients’ total financial recoveries. The goal in your case will be no different. Put your health first while a Columbus truck accident lawyer from our team fights for the compensation you are entitled to.
Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC today for your free consultation. Remember the risks of waiting to hire a lawyer, and don’t hesitate to give us a call.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.