If you were exposed to water contamination related to Camp Lejeune, hiring a lawyer should be a priority. An attorney can advise you about how to seek the money you deserve for contamination-related harm.
You may get money for medical care, lost income, and other damages stemming from your exposure to toxic chemicals at Camp Lejeune.
Why Are People Suing Because of Camp Lejeune?
Former Marines and their family members have filed lawsuits because of a contaminated water supply at Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, North Carolina. Improper waste disposal practices at a nearby dry-cleaning service contaminated Camp Lejeune’s water supplies with these harmful compounds:
- Trichloroethylene (TCE)
- Perchloroethylene (PCE)
- Vinyl chloride.
Drinking, bathing in, and cooking with this contaminated water exposed those stationed at Camp Lejeune to significant health risks, which is the basis of lawsuits involving Camp Lejeune.
Who Can Seek Money for Contamination Related to Camp Lejeune?
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) explains that U.S. Armed Forces veterans can seek money for contamination that occurred at Camp Lejeune if:
- You or a loved one lived at Camp Lejeune for at least 30 days between August 1, 1953 and December 31, 1987
- You or a loved one developed a health condition potentially linked to water contamination at Camp Lejeune
Our firm can help you understand if you qualify to seek compensation for a medical condition potentially linked to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.
The Camp Lejeune Justice Act Allows Victims to File Lawsuits Against the Government
The United States Congress explains that the Camp Lejeune Justice Act “allows certain individuals to sue and recover damages for harm from exposure to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina.” This legislation makes it easier for victims to get the money they deserve for health problems resulting from contaminated water at Camp Lejeune.
Our firm represents victims in their cases against the United States government. We know how to file and complete these lawsuits, and we’ll ensure that you can continue to focus on your health while we fight for your compensation.
Health Conditions Linked to Exposure at Camp Lejeune
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) lists several health conditions linked to water contamination at Camp Lejeune, including:
- Esophageal cancer
- Female infertility
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Neurobehavioral effects
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Renal toxicity
- Hepatic steatosis
- Kidney cancer
- Lung cancer
- Multiple myeloma
These are serious, potentially fatal ailments. Even if you or a loved one received successful treatment for such ailments, you may recover the cost of your medical care. You may also deserve compensation for other damages related to your exposure to contaminated water.
Recoverable Damages for Victims of Water Contamination at Camp Lejeune
Those who suffer serious health problems may also face:
- Medical expenses: Even a single month of cancer treatment can cost $100,000, and those with medical conditions linked to Camp Lejeune water contamination may face an even greater cost of medical care. We will work to recover the total cost of your medical treatment.
- Lost income: Medical conditions linked to toxic exposure at Camp Lejeune typically prevent victims from working. If cancer or another ailment linked to Camp Lejeune costs you income, earning power, benefits, bonuses, or other perks of working, we’ll include those damages in your lawsuit.
- Pain and suffering: Serious illness can cause physical pain, emotional distress, despair, suicidality, lost quality of life, and other pain and suffering.
Our firm will determine the cost of your damages. We will fight for the entire financial recovery you are entitled to.
You May Bring a Wrongful Death Claim if Your Loved One Passed Away Following Exposure to Contaminated Water at Camp Lejeune
If you have lost a loved one because of water contamination at Camp Lejeune, we will fight for compensation for:
- The decedent’s medical expenses
- Funeral expenses
- Lost financial support
- Lost companionship
- Lost parental guidance
- Lost household services
Our attorneys handle wrongful death claims with the compassion that surviving loved ones deserve.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
How Can an Attorney Help with My Camp Lejeune Water Contamination Claim?
An attorney from our firm can help with your Camp Lejeune water contamination claim by:
- Calculating the cost of your damages
- Documenting Camp Lejeune-linked illnesses and the damages they caused you
- Drafting and filing your lawsuit and all related paperwork
- Leading financial settlement negotiations
- Trying your case in court
Our team will manage the entire legal process from start to finish. Whether you have dealt with an illness or lost a loved one, you deserve to focus on your wellbeing—we will handle your lawsuit.
Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC Today for a Free Consultation About Your Camp Lejeune Claim
The results of water contamination at Camp Lejeune are catastrophic, and victims like you deserve money to cover medical costs and other damages. A lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC will fight relentlessly to get the compensation you are entitled to.
Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC today for a free consultation. The legal process does not always resolve itself quickly, so our team wants to start your case as soon as possible.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.