If you are considering taking legal action after an injury, it is reasonable to wonder what a personal injury lawyer costs in Ohio. Our firm does not charge clients any attorney’s fees up front. We never charge such fees at all if we cannot recover compensation for you. In general, we agree to accept a percentage of your settlement as payment.
Why Spend Money on a Personal Injury Lawyer?
After losing so much money and working hours in an accident, your first instinct may be to save money by not hiring a lawyer at all. This could end up costing you in the long run; the legal process presents many challenges. You may find it easier to let an attorney from our office handle the difficult legal tasks like:
- Understanding your rights under the law
- Collecting and submitting evidence
- Quantifying injuries
- Filing paperwork within deadlines
- Negotiating with the insurance company
- Going to court
Keep in mind that, even if you were to go it alone, you would still have to pay various expenses related to gathering evidence, negotiating a settlement, and so on. Those expenses may include but are not limited to:
- Deposition fees
- Filing fees
- Court costs
- Expert witness fees
- Lost wages for the days you took off from work to devote to your case
- Travel costs to and from meetings, courtrooms, etc.
A Fair Settlement is at Stake
An attorney from our firm can calculate and fight for the money that your injuries entitle you to. Damages may include the following, depending on the facts of your case.
- Past and future loss of income
- Past and future medical expenses
- Repair expenses (e.g., if your car was damaged)
- Pain and suffering
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Impaired quality of life
In personal injury cases in Ohio, generally speaking, you have just two years to start a lawsuit, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. To preserve your right to sue, it is important to contact our firm and let us get started as soon as possible.
Paying for Legal Services
Different law firms have different payment policies. Our office favors the contingency fee.
Charging on a contingency fee basis means that we will not charge you any attorney’s fees unless we are able to win a judgment or negotiate a monetary settlement on your behalf. Instead of an up-front payment, we agree to receive a percentage of the judgment or settlement obtained. This type of payment is common in personal injury cases, such as:
- Car accidents
- Other motor vehicle accidents, including truck accidents
- Traumatic brain injury
- Medical malpractice
There are several advantages to hiring a lawyer from our firm who charges on a contingency fee basis. For example, you will:
- Pay no attorney’s fees if your case is lost
- Be working with a team who is determined to recover an award on your behalf because they will also benefit from winning your case
- More easily be able to afford the legal representation that you want and deserve
The Right Fee Agreement
Before signing a contingency contract with your lawyer, see to it that you completely understand matters related to:
- Percentages, costs, and fees
- Whether your lawyer’s fee will be calculated based on the gross award (the amount before deducting your lawyer’s expenses) or the net judgment (the amount after the lawyer’s expenses have been deducted)
- When payment is expected (how much time you have to pay after receiving a settlement)
Put this agreement in writing and ask for a signed copy. We are always happy to answer whatever questions our clients have prior to finalizing the fee agreement.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Our Firm Can Work Hard for You
It is important to note that you should not just look for a personal injury lawyer with the lowest contingency fee percentage. Instead, consider the team at our firm, which:
- Has a proven track record for handling cases like yours that goes back over three decades
- Is willing to go above and beyond to help you, even representing you at trial if this becomes necessary
- Has an office near you for your convenience and is willing to travel to your home or office if you cannot get away
Not all accident attorneys are equal. Our firm has well over 100 five-star Google reviews attesting to our experience, professionalism, compassion, and determination to get the job done. For no upfront fees, we would be happy to apply these qualities to your truck accident case.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one was injured in Ohio, call the Fitch Law Firm LLC at (614) 545-3930 to schedule a free consultation and put our 30+ years of personal injury law experience to work for you. A personal injury lawyer from our office will not cost you any attorney’s fees up front. You only have to pay those fees if and when we win.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.