If you or a loved one were a victim of a motorcycle accident, our firm can provide a Springfield motorcycle accident lawyer to protect your rights. We can represent you throughout your legal battle so you can continue working to put this injustice behind you.
With a Fitch Law personal injury attorney by your side, you can take legal action against the party who caused your injury. This action can hold them accountable for their negligence and enable you to recover fair compensation for your injuries, property damage to your bike, and accident-related expenses.
A Springfield Motorcycle Accident Attorney From Our Firm Can Help
The Fitch Law Firm LLC is here to help our clients rest easy at night, knowing they have a legal team investigating their case. Our team can work to:
- Gather evidence about your traffic accident: This can show the insurance companies or the court how the responsible party is liable for your injuries and how those injuries have affected you.
- Calculate the worth of your case: The evidence we collect and our conversation with you can tell us how much money you may be entitled to receive.
- Draw up a settlement agreement: We can negotiate with the insurance company until they pay what you ask for. We can also prepare the necessary paperwork for your signature.
- Manage communications: We can notify the liable party that you are suing and keep in touch with both them and you throughout the case. You do not need direct contact with the liable party or anyone representing them.
- Present the case in court: For cases that we cannot settle out of court, we are willing to represent clients at trial. This includes scheduling trial dates, gathering all necessary materials, and arguing in front of a judge and jury.
- Explain the process to you: This way, you always know what is going on and have enough information to make important decisions, such as when to accept a settlement and when to take your case to trial.
To learn more about the services offered by the Fitch Law Firm LLC, and to better understand your legal options, you can call us at any time, day or night. We offer free case reviews to everyone who calls in.
For a free legal consultation with a Springfield motorcycle accidents lawyer, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
Drivers and Riders Have a Limited Time to Seek Legal Action and Compensation
It is important to realize that you do not have an unlimited amount of time to bring a civil action after an injury. According to Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10, generally speaking, accident victims have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Ohio. This timeframe begins on the day of the accident. If you fail to file legal action within this two-year period, your case may be dismissed.
If you are hesitant about hiring legal representation for any reason, feel free to contact us and ask for more information. We can:
- Evaluate your case: All callers can get a free case review from a member of our team.
- Come to a satisfactory fee agreement: For instance, we defer all attorney’s fees until you recover compensation. You do not have to pay attorney’s fees if we cannot recover damages for you.
- Answer all of your questions: If you are even a little bit uncertain about something, just ask. We want our clients to be comfortable with the legal process and knowledgeable about their rights and obligations.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
Potential Recoverable Damages After a Motorcycle Accident
The damages awarded in motorcycle collision cases largely depend on factors like the extent of the victim’s financial suffering, their physical disabilities, the effects the accident had on their mental health, and so on. A motorcycle collision attorney in Springfield can help to calculate the potential damages in your claim.
In general, motorcycle crash victims may be able to recover damages such as:
- Medical bills related to the accident, both past and future
- Transportation needs, particularly for victims who can no longer drive due to injury
- Loss of wages and a loss of future employment opportunities
- Physical or intellectual disabilities
- Property damage expenses to repair or replace your motorcycle and belongings
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Motorcycle Wrongful Death Claim Recoverable Damages
In wrongful death cases, where the victim did not survive the accident and their loved ones file suit on their behalf, additional damages may be available. These include:
- Many of the same damages available in personal injury cases, if the deceased never filed their own lawsuit
- Bills associated with arranging the funeral or burial
- The expense of settling the deceased’s estate
- The loss of the deceased’s presence and affection
- The loss of the deceased’s income, if you were dependent on them
Motorcycle accidents have the potential to cause life-altering injuries with even the slightest impact. You and your family should not be stuck paying additional bills inflicted by another party’s carelessness. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Springfield. can gather evidence that reflects the value of your damages when we represent you.
How We Can Demonstrate Liability After a Motorcycle Crash
When you work with a Springfield motorcycle accident lawyer from our office, we can investigate your case and gather evidence related to what caused the accident. This evidence may include:
- Pictures or video from the accident scene, sometimes taken from local video surveillance or witnesses’ cell phones
- Police reports
- Forensic evidence on the motorcycle, such as paint streaks or dislodged parts
- Eyewitness statements
- Medical records
- Past pay stubs to show how much you usually earn
Once we have gathered all available evidence, we can craft it into the strongest possible case against the negligent parties and present it to the insurance company. If necessary, a Springfield motorcycle accident attorney may also request additional analysis and opinions from relevant industry professionals, including:
- Accident reconstruction experts
- Scientific researchers
- Vocational rehabilitators
- Medical professionals
- And more
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Possible Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Springfield, OH
Many motorcycle accidents occur when drivers fail to examine their surroundings while driving. Causes of motorcycle accidents include but may not be limited to:
- Inexperienced drivers
- Driving too fast for the road or weather conditions
- Texting while driving, and other forms of distracted driving
- Drivers opening their doors when parked without checking for passing motorcycles
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Running red lights
- Following too closely, or tailgating, sometimes due to road rage
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
If you believe that a motorist’s negligent actions caused your motorcycle accident, you may be able to recover financial compensation from them for your injuries. A lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you with your Springfield motorcycle crash case, giving you more time to focus on rebuilding your life.
Motorcycle Crashes and Injuries
A passenger car typically weighs between 2,800 and 3,200 pounds, but a motorbike typically weighs around 400 pounds. In the case of a collision between the two types of vehicles, this means that the force of impact is way out of proportion.
The rider is at risk of suffering severe injury if this occurs. The most prevalent kinds of injuries we handle are:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Hearing loss, vision impairment, and blindness
- Lacerations, puncture wounds
- Permanent scarring
- Burn injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Ligament and tendon damage
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Law Firm in Springfield, Ohio Today
The personal injury lawyers at the Fitch Law Firm LLC will be happy to offer you a free case review to answer any questions you have about your motorcycle accident claim.
Contact our legal team today to schedule the initial consultation at no cost to you. A lawyer from our firm may be able to work for you on a contingency-fee basis with no upfront payment necessary.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.