A truck driver has an important job working on American roadways, bringing goods to all parts of the country. Most of the time, truckers do this job well, meeting their deadlines and arriving at their destination safely. However, when the truck driver makes an error on the road, it becomes an extremely dangerous situation for nearby drivers.
Because of the large size of the semi-truck, colliding with one can cause significant injury and financial loss. Fortunately, a Springfield truck accident lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you seek compensation for your medical bills, pain, and suffering. Reach out to our attorneys to find out if you have the right to take legal action.
Compensation Your Springfield Truck Accident Attorney Can Fight For
While we can’t tell you how much your truck accident settlement is worth until we learn more about your auto accident, we can share information about the damages that a Springfield truck accident attorney can fight for.
Your lawyer will work with you to review your accident-related bills and determine which damages you’re eligible to receive. If you receive a fair settlement for your claim, it could include any of the following damages:
The economic damages you receive from a claim can help you pay bills related to your accident and make up for lost income. They’ll cover your current treatment bills, ongoing care costs, and any future out–of–pocket medical expenses.
If you had to miss work because of your injury, an attorney can also request compensation for your lost wages. If your injuries are severe and lasting, you may also receive compensation for your reduced ability to work and earn money.
If your vehicle was damaged in the truck collision, you might be wondering how you’ll get around in the future. Fortunately, our team can get a portion of your vehicle repair bills reimbursed. Remember to save your invoices and pass them on to your attorney. That way, they’ll be able to get the right amount of money for your repairs.
Non-economic damages can help you recover in areas of your life that aren’t related to finances or employment. For example, if you’ve experienced anxiety about driving or mental health problems due to the collision, a truck accident lawyer in Springfield can request non-economic damages for your mental distress.
You may also receive compensation for pain caused by your injury and decreases in your quality of life. We encourage you to talk to your attorney about how the emotional and subjective impacts that the collision has had on you. Doing so can help you get the non-economic damages you’re owed.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Springfield, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
How A Truck Accident Attorney in Springfield Can Help You
With a Springfield truck accident lawyer on your side, you will receive important advice on how to proceed in your case. You’ll also receive a number of legal services that are geared towards holding the at-fault party responsible for your injuries and losses. Here’s what your attorney can do to get you the damages you’re owed:
Determine What Caused the Truck Accident
Truck drivers need special driver’s licenses and training to be able to operate these heavy vehicles safely. However, even with these precautions, drivers sometimes make mistakes that result in a crash. When traveling at highway speeds, it only takes a second of inattention for the driver to make a mistake from which they cannot recover to avoid a crash.
Some of the reasons a truck driver may end up in a crash include the following:
- Speeding: a trucker may be driving too fast for road conditions, leading to a crash with a passenger car.
- Poor maintenance: the company that maintains the truck failed to fix faulty brakes or a balding tire, leading to a malfunction while on the road and a crash.
- Improper loading: those who loaded the trailer with cargo did not follow protocol, creating an unsafe distribution of weight that could cause the driver to lose control on a sharp curve.
- Intoxicated driving: truck drivers must follow strict rules regarding drunk driving when they have a CDL. According to the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles, any detectable amount of alcohol in the driver’s system removes them from service for 24 hours. Infractions increase from there.
- Distracted driving: a truck driver may be using a smartphone, talking on a radio, or eating or drinking inside the truck, causing his or her attention to move off of the road, resulting in a crash with injuries.
- Fatigued driving: truck drivers who are working too many hours could be too tired to operate their vehicles safely and may be prone to make a mistake behind the wheel.
Our lawyers have a great deal of experience investigating and filing claims for every type of truck accident. Regardless of how your collision occurred, a truck accident attorney in Springfield will work tirelessly to identify the at-fault party and hold them liable for your losses.
Identify the Guilty Party
In a truck accident lawsuit, multiple parties could be negligent, such as the truck driver, the company that owns the truck, the company that hired the driver to make the delivery, or those who loaded the items in the trailer. Your attorney can help you determine exactly which parties should be held liable for your injuries.
Once your attorney has found the evidence they need to identify the guilty party and provide fault, they’ll take your claim to the guilty party’s insurance provider. If insurance negotiations go as planned, you should receive the compensation you need to replenish your financial losses and recover from your injuries.
Secure the Correct Amount of Compensation for Your Injuries
Unfortunately, some truck accident victims require ongoing medical care, prescription medications, and assistive devices for years after their collision. Luckily, a truck accident lawyer from our office in Springfield can fight for the damages you need to treat your injuries and manage long-term conditions.
No matter how complicated or debilitating your injuries are, our team will demand full compensation for your current and future medical bills. We’ll do everything we can to help you recuperate from any of the following conditions:
- Head injuries: those in the car could suffer a concussion, a traumatic brain injury, or facial trauma after the collision with the large truck.
- Neck and back injuries: car passengers could suffer whiplash, a broken back, or a spinal cord injury, all potentially leading to paralysis.
- Broken bones: those in the car could suffer broken bones throughout the body.
- Lacerations: as the car body collapses around the passengers, they could suffer significant lacerations from sharp metal, plastic, and glass.
- Disfigurement and disability: the force of the truck hitting the car can result in significant facial trauma or the amputation of limbs, leading to permanent disabilities that could affect your ability to work as you did before the accident.
Should the worst-case scenario occur, and your loved one suffers a fatality from their injuries after the crash with the truck, you have the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit against those who are liable for the crash.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To An Attorney Now »
Statute of Limitations for Truck Accident Cases in Springfield, OH
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck crash in Ohio, it’s important to learn about the statute of limitations that applies to your case. According to Ohio Revised Code § 2305.10, you have two years from the date of your accident to submit a lawsuit. Failure to file a suit before the two-year mark could make it impossible for you to collect a fair payment.
Speak to a Springfield truck accident lawyer from our firm today to get an early start on your case. Doing so will help your attorney meet the state’s deadline and get the most compensation possible. If your filing deadline has passed, get in touch with a lawyer anyway, as there may be an exception to Ohio’s statute that you can use to your advantage.
Speak With a Springfield Truck Accident Attorney Today
Dealing with the effects of a semi-truck accident can be extremely frustrating and draining. If you’re unsure how to proceed with a claim, reach out to an experienced attorney. A skilled lawyer from the Fitch Law Firm LLC can handle your case, so you can focus on resting and recuperating from your injuries.
Contact a Springfield truck accident lawyer today to find out if you have the grounds for a claim or lawsuit. We’ll meet with you via a free case evaluation, and if we find that you’re eligible to pursue legal action, we’ll get started on your claim ASAP.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.