A spinal infection can temporarily or permanently change your physical appearance and ability. If you or someone you love suffered a spinal infection caused by a medical error, you can recover damages with legal support from our Dayton medical malpractice lawyer.
At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, our Dayton spinal infection medical malpractice lawyer will investigate your current condition. We will examine your medical records with medical experts and prove the at-fault healthcare provider’s negligence. Our team will help you recover your lost wages, pain and suffering, medical bills, and more. Call us today for a free initial consultation.
What Damages are Recoverable for a Spinal Infection in Dayton?
Recovering from a spinal infection takes time and can result in long-term medical care and expenses. The at-fault party—not you—should cover the costs of your injury and related expenses. Damages you can recover from an Ohio medical malpractice claim include:
Some damages often awarded in medical malpractice claims include:
- Known and anticipated medical bills
- Loss of current and future income
- Reduced future earning ability
- Ongoing physical pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and disability
- Required prescription medications
- Assistive medical devices and equipment
Our case assessment team will inform you if your case qualifies for additional forms of compensation.
Is an Affidavit of Merit Mandatory for Dayton Spinal Infection Cases?
An Affidavit of Merit is required for all medical malpractice cases in Ohio, according to Ohio Revised Code Section 2323.451. It is drafted by a qualified medical expert and attests to the validity of your case. It must include:
- A detailed examination of your medical records
- A thorough assessment of your spinal infection
- A description of the medical care you should have received
- A description of the substandard care you received
The Affidavit of Merit is mandatory and can be challenging to obtain on your own. Our legal team will consult with a qualified expert and obtain and file this critical document while you focus on getting better.
For a free legal consultation with a Dayton spinal infection lawyer, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
How Do Spinal Infections Happen in Dayton, Ohio?
A spinal infection is a serious medical issue that requires prompt medical care. Without it, it can lead to paralysis and possibly death. According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, the causes of this type of dangerous infection can include:
- A traumatic spinal cord injury
- An underlying infection that travels through your bloodstream
- Physical or dental surgical procedures
A spinal infection can require extensive and costly medical treatment and rehabilitation. Your spinal infection is considered medical malpractice if it was caused by a medical professional’s negligence, error, or incompetence. If your injury was caused by medical negligence, our spinal infection medical malpractice attorneys serving Dayton can help you file a medical malpractice insurance claim or lawsuit and seek fair compensation.
What are the Different Types of Spinal Infections Dayton Patients Experience?
Recovering from a spinal infection starts with understanding its cause and type and receiving a prompt diagnosis and treatment plan. According to the 2020 publication, Microorganisms, spinal infections include:
- Discitis, typically affecting the intervertebral disc
- Spondylitis, typically affecting the vertebral end plate and vertebral body
- Spondylodiscitis, typically affecting the disc and adjacent vertebral body
- Septic facet joint, typically affecting the facet joints
- Epidural abscess, typically affecting the epidural space
Diagnosing and treating your spinal infection in Dayton can involve a myriad of tests, a definitive diagnosis, and a customized treatment plan. It can include medication, physical therapy, and various surgical procedures.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
How Our Spinal Infection Medical Malpractice Lawyer Builds a Solid Evidence File
On your own, it can be hard to prove medical malpractice. When our law firm represents you, you do not have to manage this trying task on your own. To build the strongest possible evidence collection for you, we will prove the following elements that constitute medical malpractice:
- Duty to meet the accepted standard of care
- Breach of duty or failure to meet the accepted standard
- Causation, linking substandard care to your spinal infection
- Financial harm caused by your infection and its aftermath
At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we know how complex and time-consuming it can be to understand and compile the evidence your case needs. Leave it to us. We bring a client-focused team and a plethora of resources to your case, along with the attention to detail it needs and deserves.
Additional Benefits of Hiring Our Spinal Infection Attorney Serving Dayton, OH
At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we have over 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases. We are available 24/7 and will travel to you when needed. Our team members are top-notch, compassionate, and aggressive.
To strengthen and support your medical malpractice case, we will:
- Investigate your injury case
- Collect your medical records
- Obtain medical expert testimony
- Communicate with the insurer
- Provide ongoing case updates
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Identify the at-fault medical provider
- Determine the value of your case
We will also collect your own written statement about the toll your spinal infection has taken on your life and lifestyle. Our spinal infection medical malpractice lawyer will also handle negotiations with the at-fault medical provider’s insurance company.
Our Spinal Infection Medical Malpractice Lawyer Charges Nothing Upfront
In addition to providing compassionate legal service to our injured clients, we also offer a free consultation and a no-win, no-fee policy. Medical malpractice is a type of personal injury case, and working with our personal injury lawyer is risk-free.
We do not expect or accept compensation until we recover damages for you. If your case does not lead to financial recovery, you will owe us no legal or attorney’s fees at all.
Contact Our Case Consultation Team About Your Dayton Spinal Infection Case
If you or someone you love suffered a life-changing spinal infection because of medical negligence, you can request compensation from the at-fault party. At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we will help you navigate the financial recovery process, including taking on the at-fault party and their insurance company.
Find out how hard our Dayton spinal infection medical malpractice lawyer will go to bat for you by contacting one of our case consultation team members today.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.