Seeing your child suffer an injury is every parent’s worst nightmare. However, knowing the accident could have been prevented had someone else behaved responsibly can only worsen your anguish.
If this is the situation you now find yourself in, a Springfield child injury lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC can help. We will fight hard for the money your family needs to rebuild your lives after your child’s injury.
Your Child Deserves Damages After Suffering Injury
Your child’s accident has endangered their future and turned your family life upside-down. However, we can help you seek damages for everything you have lost due to the injury. That includes the following losses:
- Medical bills: Whether your child needed emergency treatment or will require lifelong care, you should not have to foot the bill.
- Physical pain: Compensation for your child’s physical pain and suffering can help you better support your child in the future.
- Emotional suffering: Being involved in an accident can traumatize anyone—especially a child. In addition, dealing with physical pain and serious injuries can also cause mental harm.
- Reduced quality of life: Does the injury make it difficult or impossible for your child to play with friends, learn new skills, or enjoy themselves the way they used to?
- Disability: Childhood injuries can result in physical disabilities, like paralysis, or intellectual disabilities stemming from traumatic brain injuries. A permanent disability could also affect your child’s long-term earning potential.
Finally, if you or the child’s other parent have lost income from having to stay home and look after your child, you could seek reimbursement for that loss. As long as you can connect your losses with your child’s accident, you could recover compensation from the at-fault party.
For a free legal consultation with a Springfield child injury lawyer, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
Our Springfield Child Injury Lawyer Is at Your Service
At a time like this, you should focus on helping your child recover physically and mentally from their accident. Trying to manage a legal case by yourself would be an unnecessary distraction.
A Springfield child injury lawyer from our firm can take care of your legal needs while you look after your child. Thus, we can handle the following tasks regarding your claim:
- Speak with you about the accident: We want to hear directly from you—and, if possible, your child—about how the accident happened and what the consequences were.
- Answer all your questions: Child injury cases are challenging for families to deal with. Thus, we are available to address your concerns 24/7.
- Collect evidence: To support your case, we need materials to prove the at-fault party’s negligence and how much money your child’s injury entitles you to recover. The evidence may include medical records, police reports, and audiovisual footage.
- File paperwork: You cannot avoid paperwork in a lawsuit, but you do not have to handle it all yourself. Instead, our firm is happy to fill out forms and submit paperwork on behalf of clients.
- Negotiate a settlement: Our team can sit down with the at-fault party’s insurance company and negotiate a fair amount in damages. Then, if we secure a settlement, we will prepare the paperwork for you to sign.
However, if we cannot settle your claim for any reason, we will take your case to court and seek a jury award. Either way, you can depend on our firm to support you and champion your child’s rights.
Legal Costs in Child Injury Cases
Fighting your legal case will incur certain expenses, such as attorney and filing fees. However, we also know the financial stress your family is under. So, The Fitch Law Firm LLC can make it easier for you to afford the legal representation you need by offering:
- A free consultation for everyone who contacts us.
- Home or hospital visits if you cannot travel to our offices.
- A no-win, no-fee policy, meaning you owe nothing if we don’t secure an award.
Ever have a question about our pay structure? All you have to do is ask. We will do our best to answer your questions to your satisfaction.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
How Was Your Child Injured?
The Fitch Law Firm LLC accepts various child accident cases, including:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Dog bites
- Swimming pool accidents
These and other incidents can result in a wide array of potentially catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Bone fractures
- Deep cuts
- Head and neck injuries
- Damage to extremities (e.g., fingers and toes)
- Spinal injuries
In most personal injury cases, you must follow the statute of limitations set by Ohio Revised Code Section 2305.10. However, since your case involves a child, various extensions or exceptions to the two-year deadline might apply. Thus, the sooner you contact our office, the faster we can determine whether you have a case and how we can help you pursue it.
Who to Sue After Your Child’s Injury
You deserve compensation from the liable party, but who is that party? The evidence we collect will answer that question. Depending on what the evidence shows us, we could file your case against the following parties:
- A driver who was distracted, drunk, or speeding when they hit your vehicle or collided with your child while riding their bicycle.
- A property owner who did not secure their dog or install adequate safety measures around their pool.
- A manufacturer who failed to ensure their product (e.g., a child booster seat or popular toy) was safe for children to use.
Sometimes, you can seek compensation from more than one party. However, by letting us investigate your child’s injury, you can rest assured you will hold all liable parties accountable—and pursue sufficient compensation for your current and future losses.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Was Your Child Injured? Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC
The Fitch Law Firm LLC can provide you with a Springfield child injury lawyer who will gladly help you with your case. So, contact us for a free consultation today. Our firm never charges attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for the client.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.