A fatal motorcycle accident is a tragic and traumatic event—and, all too often, it could have been prevented. Our lawyer in Springfield, Ohio, can help you find the at-fault party and hold them responsible for their actions.
The Fitch Law Firm LLC is devoted to helping people like you navigate the legal system during difficult times. Our Springfield motorcycle accident lawyer can make sure you have the space to grieve properly while we handle your case. Call us today for a free consultation.
After a Fatal Accident in Springfield, You Deserve Help
Losing a loved one is one of the worst things you will ever go through. At a time like this, you deserve a Springfield legal team that:
- Is there for clients twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week
- Will assess your case for free and without placing you under any obligation
- Offers a “no win, no fee” guarantee, so you do not have to worry about how you will pay for our services
- Is compassionate towards your family and aggressive towards the insurance companies that owe you damages
Our Springfield Team Puts Wrongful Death Clients First, Always
Your family should get the chance to mourn and process your loss in peace without having to deal with paperwork, insurance companies, or legal negotiations. The Fitch Law Firm LLC wants to give you that chance by:
- Finding the at-fault party by collecting appropriate evidence, such as witness statements and police reports
- Calculate how much you should ask for based on what the evidence shows us
- Speaking on your behalf to all of the involved parties so you do not have to do so
- Negotiating relentlessly for the money your family needs and deserves
- Taking your case to trial if we feel that seeking a jury award would be an efficient use of your time
- Offering timely and actionable advice whenever you ask for it
- Keeping you informed about what is happening and what (if anything) you must do
Seeking Fatal Motorcycle Accident Damages While There Is Still Time
As Ohio Revised Code Section 2125.02 states, you have a limited time to seek damages after a loved one’s wrongful death. Once this deadline goes by, you no longer have the right to file a case.
A Springfield wrongful death lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC wants to get your case filed on time. The sooner you come to us to discuss your legal options, the better.
For a free legal consultation with a Springfield fatal motorcycle accidents lawyer, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
Calculating Damages in Springfield Motorcycle Accident Cases
To help you seek a fair settlement or jury award, our office can determine how much your family has lost in each of the following categories:
Loss of Companionship Stemming from the Fatal Collision
You cared about the accident victim for very good reasons. They were a source of unconditional love, guidance for their children, physical affection, and emotional support during troubled times.
The fact is that, if the liable party had simply behaved in a reasonable manner, your loved one would still be with you today. Money cannot bring your loved one back, but it can force the liable party to acknowledge how they have hurt your family.
Financial Losses You Suffered Because of the Motorcycle Crash
When you lose a loved one, you may be financially responsible for ensuring they are properly buried and honored. If there is any uncertainty about their will, this could lead to additional expenses.
Such bills come at a time when you can least afford them: now that your loved one can no longer contribute income to your household, making ends meet is tougher than ever. A settlement could help you to support your family.
Things Your Loved One Lost Due to the Fatal Accident
Did your loved one pass away before they could complete a legal case of their own? If so, you could be eligible for the damages they might have sought for themselves, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Loss of earning capacity
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
How Springfield Motorcycle Accidents Can Turn Fatal
According to the Ohio State Highway Patrol, Clark County saw at least one motorcycle accident fatality every year from 2018 to 2022, with the exception of 2019. In general, motorcycle crashes were most likely to happen in warmer months (April to September) and in the afternoon or evening (3:00 PM to 10:00 PM).
Such collisions may be more likely to happen if:
- A driver is careless: Motorcycles are small and easy to hit if a driver is not paying attention, going too fast, under the influence, or not respecting other road users’ right of way.
- A manufacturer sells a faulty product: All of the vehicles involved in the crash can only be used safely if all of their parts work together well. Even a single, small defect can cause a serious crash.
- A mechanic fails to notice a defect: As a mechanical expert, mechanics are supposed to thoroughly inspect each vehicle, alert the owner to possible problems, and perform all repairs competently.
- An employer ignores safety regulations: If the at-fault driver was on the clock, their boss may share liability. It is the employer’s job to check driver qualifications, maintain the vehicles, and ensure drivers receive adequate time off.
Let Our Springfield Fatal Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Help You
No one should have to suffer harm—let alone the death of a loved one—because of another party’s negligence. This is why you can sue for wrongful death in a motorcycle accident suit: because you deserve the chance to seek closure, justice, and fair compensation.
On behalf of everyone at The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we are very sorry for your loss. If you would like to seek compensation but do not feel up to handling a legal case by yourself, please feel free to call us for assistance.
We Fight for Justice for Our Springfield Motorcycle Accident Clients
For a free consultation, call The Fitch Law Firm LLC today. Members of our team are waiting to listen to your story and tell you more about how our Springfield fatal motorcycle accident lawyer can help you pursue a legal case on your loved one’s behalf.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.