Have you suffered paralysis due to medical malpractice? If you live in Springfield and were harmed by a health care provider’s negligence, a Springfield paralysis medical malpractice lawyer with the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you pursue financial compensation. You could win awards for your medical costs, pain and suffering, and other damages.
We Have Helped Ohio Medical Malpractice Victims Win Substantial Awards for Their Injuries
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we are committed to pursuing maximum settlement value for your paralysis medical malpractice case. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars in damages for malpractice victims across Ohio, including:
- $2.65 million for a birth injury resulting in neurological damage
- $1.55 million on behalf of a man who died because of a failure to diagnose his cancer
- $2.2 million for a man who experienced severe complications because of an error during surgery
No matter how complex your claim, our medical malpractice attorneys have the knowledge and resources to represent you in negotiations and in the courtroom. We understand the life-altering results of a paralysis diagnosis, and we are here to ensure you have the legal support you need to seek compensation for your losses.
You Can Seek the Cost of Your Medical Treatment and Other Losses with Our Attorneys’ Help
When you suffer paralysis because of medical malpractice, your losses include more than just hospital bills. The medical malpractice attorneys at the Fitch Law Firm LLC can help you pursue a settlement for all your losses, including both economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are your out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries. In a medical malpractice case, this may include compensation for your:
- Past and future medical care
- Rehabilitation services
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Loss of household services
Non-economic damages include damages that cannot be quantified using bills, pay stubs, or other financial documentation. They include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment
- Loss of mobility
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
A medical malpractice attorney familiar with paralysis cases can help you establish a value for both economic and non-economic losses, so you can seek fair compensation for your injuries.
How Much is Your Case Worth?
Every personal injury case is different, so it is impossible to provide a case value without a thorough case review. The amount you could win in a settlement or verdict will depend on various factors, including:
- Whether your paralysis is full or partial
- The cost of your past and future medical care
- Your salary before your injury
- How much time you have missed from work
- Whether you can return to the same job or work at all
- The value of your lost household contributions
- The extent of your physical pain and emotional suffering
Our Springfield paralysis medical malpractice lawyer will help you calculate your damages and seek the maximum amount of compensation available to you. While we understand that no financial payment can return you to your previous state of health, we can help you seek the financial compensation you need to live an enjoyable, full life after your recovery.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
Our Lawyers Can Help You Prove That Medical Malpractice Led to Your Paralysis
When you seek the help of a healthcare provider, you are counting on their professional knowledge and experience. You expect to receive treatment that meets acceptable medical standards. Malpractice occurs when a doctor or other provider fails to properly execute their professional duties. To win a malpractice case, you must prove:
- A doctor/patient relationship existed between you and the health care provider.
- The health care provider failed to uphold the professional standard of care.
- The health care provider’s negligence was a direct cause of your injuries.
- Your injuries have caused you to suffer damages.
We will help you gather evidence and build a case for medical malpractice. We can obtain and review your medical records, locate and interview eyewitnesses who can speak about your injuries, and seek testimony from medical experts. Through medical experts, we will establish that your health care provider’s services were inconsistent with the professional standards expected for your situation.
We will also work to establish a link between your doctor’s actions, your injuries, and your financial, emotional, and physical losses.
Our Attorneys Can Assist You with an Insurance Claim or Civil Lawsuit
Many malpractice cases settle outside of court through a medical malpractice insurance claim. Our lawyers who handle cases involving paralysis can help you:
- Communicate with the insurance companies and involved medical professionals
- Obtain bills, records, and other documentation related to your case
- Locate a medical professional who can complete an “affidavit of merit,” pursuant to Ohio Rule of Civil Procedure §10(D)(2)
- Review your settlement offers and reject payouts that are less than you deserve
- Negotiate for the most advantageous settlement available for your injuries
We want to help you get the financial awards you need as quickly and easily as possible. To that end, we will make every effort to settle your case without going to court. However, if the insurance company offers you a low payout or denies your claim, we are not afraid to take your case to trial.
Don’t Wait to File Your Medical Malpractice Claim
When you have been paralyzed because of medical malpractice in Ohio, it is in your interests to file a claim as soon as possible. Your medical malpractice attorney will need time to compile evidence and attempt to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company and at-fault party while the evidence is still fresh. If an agreement cannot be reached, your attorney can then file a lawsuit against the responsible party.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
We Provide Free Consultations and Take Cases on Contingency
You can learn more about working with a paralysis lawyer at no financial risk to you. At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, we provide potential clients with free, no-obligation case evaluations. A member of our team can answer your questions, discuss our services, and guide you on your next steps.
If you decide to work with us after your consultation, we will immediately begin handling your case. When you choose the Fitch Law Firm LLC, you are hiring a team with more than 30 years of legal experience. To help our clients seek justice, we offer our services on contingency. This means you owe us nothing up front, and we do not collect a fee unless we win your case.
When our Springfield paralysis medical malpractice lawyers work for you, our firm takes on all the legal work pertaining to your claim. We will:
- Obtain documents and photographic evidence
- Seek witness and expert testimony
- Evaluate the financial value of your losses
- Establish all the at-fault parties for your claim
- Submit a demand letter to the responsible party and their insurer
- Negotiate a just settlement on your behalf
- Take your case before a judge and jury, if needed
Throughout your case, we will handle all related correspondence, including emails, phone calls, and written correspondence. Our legal team will maintain open contact throughout your case, so you never have to guess where we are in the process. If we receive a fair settlement offer, or if we deem it necessary to take your case to trial, we will always discuss your options, and you will have the last say in any decisions.
Call the Fitch Law Firm LLC for Help Today in Clark County
At the Fitch Law Firm LLC, our entire team is dedicated to serving our clients with dignity, honesty, and respect. We boast more than 100 five-star Google reviews. Our firm has been recognized as a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and Multimillion Dollar Advocates Forum. In 2020, we won the Expertise award for “Best Car Accident & Medical Malpractice Lawyers in Columbus.”
To learn more about how we can help you, contact our team today. The sooner you reach out, the sooner we can help you seek the awards you need to get back on your feet.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.