Nurses provide specialized care to patients in a variety of medical settings and situations. If you or a loved one was injured by a nurse who did not provide appropriate medical care, our Springfield personal injury lawyer can represent you. We aren’t afraid to take on the institution where the nurse in question is employed and their insurance provider, regardless of size.
At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we know how important it is to hold negligent nurses accountable for their actions. Our Springfield nursing neglect lawyer can examine the details of your case, consult with qualified medical experts on your behalf, and assign a comprehensive value to your pain and suffering, medical bills, and more. We can also represent your family if a loved one succumbs to injuries caused by neglectful nursing.
Medical and Professional Malpractice Includes Nursing Neglect
Many people think of medical malpractice as a doctor providing substandard medical care. However, our medical malpractice practice areas include negligent care by other healthcare professionals, including nurses.
Our legal team can help you build a case against a negligent:
- Hospital nurse
- Surgical nurse
- Clinical nurse
- Rehab nurse
- Therapeutic nurse
- Assisted living facility nurse
- Dental nurse
- In-home nurse
We offer compassionate legal care for injured patients. We can come to you if your injuries prevent you from traveling. In addition, our fee is contingent on the outcome of your case, so if we do not recover damages for you, you owe us no legal or attorney fees at all.
Examples of Nursing Neglect in Springfield, OH
Nursing is a fast-paced profession that can pull the worker in various directions at once and require them to focus on multiple patients simultaneously. Unfortunately, this can mean patients are inadvertently overlooked and not given proper care. For example, you may now have bodily harm or serious physical injuries due to a nurse:
- Administering the wrong medication
- Failing to notify physicians of needed action
- Failing to accurately update your patient status
- Failing to administer prescribed medication
- Failing to respond to your needs promptly
- Failing to restrain a patient when it is indicated or prescribed
- Not sufficiently monitoring you as a patient
- Misreading or misinterpreting doctors’ orders
- Misreading or misinterpreting your charts
- Restraining you when restrain is not indicated
- Being exhausted, overworked, and unable to provide quality care
Detailed, thorough documentation is an important part of a nurse’s duties, meaning nursing neglect also includes not providing patients with appropriate discharge instructions.
As a patient, you’re entitled to appropriate care from every medical care provider you trust with your health. If you did not receive it and your health was compromised, our legal team can help you build the strongest possible case for compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Springfield nursing neglect lawyer, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
Compensation for Patients Injured Due to Nursing Neglect
Appropriate medical care that corrects the negligent care you suffered can be expensive. It can also be frightening to place yourself in the hands of another medical team when one has already hindered your health.
When a nurse you trusted makes an error affecting your health, it can be detrimental. The damages you can recover include:
- All medical expenses you incur to restore your health as fully as possible
- All rehabilitative care required to help you reach maximum medical improvement
- All income losses caused by your injuries and recovery
- The loss of the ability to earn a living in the immediate and distant future
- Ongoing physical, mental, and emotional pain and suffering caused by the psychological harm of negligent healthcare
- Compensation for any disfiguring or disabling injuries that impact your physical appearance, agility, and mobility
We also recover wrongful death damages, if applicable. They can include funeral and burial costs, the loss of your loved one’s financial support, and the services they provided to your family.
If you or a loved one was victimized by substandard care, we can assess your recoverable damages and create a demand letter. We can submit it along with your evidence to the insurance company representing the at-fault party. Leave everything to us. While we concentrate on your financial recovery, you can concentrate on getting better.
How Our Nursing Neglect Lawyer Validates Your Springfield, Ohio Case
Caring for injured patients and recovering damages on their behalf is important to every member of our client-focused team. In addition to listening to your story with gentle compassion, we can:
- Bring more than 30 years of experience handling personal injury cases to the table
- Provide a highly rated team of attorneys and staff who are compassionate, responsive, and assertive
- Compile your pre- and post-neglect medical records from every medical professional and facility where you’ve received initial or corrective treatment
- Provide ongoing updates on your case so you’re never left wondering about its progress
At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we can also consult medical and nursing neglect experts to validate your case. If necessary, we can also obtain an affidavit of merit. This document further validates your case with the opinion of a qualified medical expert who can clarify the acceptable standard of care for nursing. They can also attest that the medical services you received fell below that ethical standard.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
Let Us Help With Your Nursing Neglect Case
Just as hospitals and physicians owe their patients a duty of acceptable care, so do the nurses who work with them. If you or a family member were injured due to nursing neglect, we can pursue compensation for you. Take the first step by calling our office or filling out our online contact form. We can investigate your case, determine its monetary value, and pursue the appropriate insurer for financial recovery.
At The Fitch Law Firm LLC, we’ve won some of the highest personal injury verdicts in Ohio history. Let us put that experience to work for you. Find out how our Springfield nursing neglect lawyer can help you by reaching out today.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.