The water contamination at Marine base Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, N.C., exposed service members and their families to serious illness. Over time, several medical conditions, including various cancers, have been linked to the contaminants in the base’s water supply.
While veterans and their family members have long been able to seek benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), they can now sue the federal government for damages related to contaminated water exposure. If this is your situation, a Columbus Camp Lejeune water contamination lawsuit lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC will fight for the compensation you deserve. You can explore your legal options during a free consultation.
Who Can Recover Compensation for Water Contamination at Camp Lejeune?
The Marine Corps discovered toxic contaminants in the water supplies at Camp Lejeune in the 1980s. However, service members and their families at Camp Lejeune remained exposed to contaminated water until 1987. Therefore, the VA considers you eligible to seek compensation for Camp Lejeune-related contamination if:
- You served or lived at Camp Lejeune between August 1, 1953, and December 31, 1987
- You have developed one of the medical conditions linked to water contamination at Camp Lejeune
This same general standard applies if you want to file a lawsuit related to water contamination at Camp Lejeune. If you have any questions about your eligibility to seek compensation for an illness potentially related to Camp Lejeune, the attorneys at The Fitch Law Firm LLC will answer your questions.
For a free legal consultation with a Columbus camp lejeune water contamination lawsuit lawyer, call: (614) 545-3930Call Now »
What Medical Conditions Are Linked to the Toxic Chemicals in Camp Lejeune Water Supplies?
The VA’s water contamination information page refers to eight medical conditions that qualify one for VA disability benefits. However, the Camp Lejeune Family Member Program acknowledges 15 qualifying medical conditions, including:
- Bladder cancer
- Breast cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Female infertility
- Multiple myeloma
- Myelodysplastic syndromes
- Neurobehavioral effects
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- Renal toxicity
- Hepatic steatosis
- Kidney cancer
- Lung cancer
The serious nature of these conditions shows how toxic the water at Camp Lejeune was until 1987. Chemicals from a nearby dry-cleaning service ended up in the drinking water sources Camp Lejeune residents and others used. This means that those living and working at Camp Lejeune were drinking and bathing in industrial chemicals for, in many cases, years.
The unacceptable exposure to contaminated water at Camp Lejeune demands justice. If you are a veteran, a service member’s loved one, or someone otherwise affected by toxic water at Camp Lejeune, a lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC will lead your damages claim.
The Last Thing You Should Worry About Is How You’re Going To Pay For Your Medical Bills.Talk To a Lawyer Now »
Why Veterans and Family of Veterans Choose The Fitch Law Firm LLC for Their Camp Lejeune-Related Claims
The attorneys at The Fitch Law Firm LLC advocate for veterans and their loved ones. You have served your duty to your country, and now we want to serve you.
Clients who choose our Columbus personal injury lawyers to lead their Camp Lejeune-related claim or lawsuit can expect:
- A firm that will deal with the VA for you: Dealing with the VA can be challenging, especially if you’re seeking benefits for a condition as serious as cancer, infertility, or another health problem linked to water contamination. Whether you need assistance with a claim, appeal, or other VA-related matter, our attorneys will represent you.
- Deep knowledge of the Camp Lejeune Justice Act, VA claims, and other relevant processes: We know the laws and statutes most affecting veterans sickened by contaminated water at Camp Lejeune. We’ll use our knowledge of the Camp Lejeune Justice Act and similar statutes to fight for the money you deserve.
- Dedicated client service: The Fitch Law Firm LLC works to repay the debt U.S. veterans have paid. We’ll handle your case with urgency and compassion throughout every step of your claim or lawsuit.
We’ll provide frequent updates about your claim or lawsuit. If you have any questions or concerns about your Camp Lejeune water contamination claim, we’ll be available round-the-clock and offer legal counsel throughout your case.
How Our Firm Will Fight for Your Financial Recovery in Columbus
Once you hire The Fitch Law Firm LLC to lead your claim or lawsuit, you can focus solely on your rest and recovery. Our attorneys and paralegals serving the Columbus area will handle the rest. This means we will:
- Identify the damages that have resulted from your exposure to Camp Lejeune’s tainted water supply
- Assess your damages and assign your case a dollar amount
- File your claim or lawsuit
- Manage all communications with the VA, U.S. government, and other parties involved in your Camp Lejeune claim
- Establish the time you spent at Camp Lejeune with military records and other documents
- Document your illness with medical records
- Negotiate a settlement on your behalf
- Take your lawsuit to trial, if necessary
While the Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022 makes it clear that you can sue for damages related to water contamination, that is only the first hurdle to clear. We must prove you or your loved one spent time at Camp Lejeune within the 1953 to 1987 window, have an eligible medical history, and suffered specific damages because of exposure to contaminated water at the Marine Corps base.
We Will Be
There To Help
You All The Way
Recoverable Damages for Columbus-Based Victims of Water Contamination at Camp Lejeune
Each Camp Lejeune water contamination case has caused unique harm. The specific medical condition that you suffered, how that illness has affected your life, and whether you’ve lost a loved one are considerations we will weigh when we review your situation.
Potentially recoverable damages in your Camp Lejeune water contamination case include:
- Medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Treatment for any psychological and emotional hardship you suffered
- Wrongful death benefits
Losing a loved one is the greatest loss you can experience, often causing lost companionship, lost financial support, funeral expenses, and many other damages. A wrongful death lawyer from The Fitch Law Firm LLC will determine the total cost of your case and fight for your financial recovery.
Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC Today About Hiring a Lawyer for Your Camp Lejeune Claim in Columbus, OH
Your consultation is free, and there are no obligations when you call us. A lawyer from our team can start your Camp Lejeune water contamination lawsuit in Columbus. By hiring us as soon as possible, you can remove your claim from your to-do list and return your focus to your recovery.
Call The Fitch Law Firm LLC today for your free consultation.
The Next Call You Make
After Calling 911
Should Be Us.